Cybersecurity programs have become an essential part of any digital device today. Statistics estimates a steady growth in the quantity of various malicious software and malware. Moreover, creative hackers improve their viruses every year by making them more sophisticated and less exposed to ordinary antivirus applications. Avast Antivirus is one of the most advanced protection programs on the market due to high functionality and numerous additional features, that make it even more attractive for most of the users. Avast virus chest is one of the features that make the application stand out in the wide variety of competitors.
What is Avast virus chest and why do you need it?
Have you ever wanted to create a list of websites or pages that your antivirus has identified as dangerous to avoid opening them in future? The thing is that ordinary antiviruses usually do not remember the resources they have already scanned after some time, which makes them scan them repeatedly. It slows down the performance of the computer and can cause some inconvenience. Avast virus chest is a great solution to this problem. The main idea behind this ingenious feature is to keep all the potentially harmful files or internet resources in one place.
How does it work?
- You can choose either to automate the process and let the extension send potentially harmful resources to the chest or to assign every single website or file manually. Both methods have its pros and cons, so it is up to you, which one is better.
- Avast Antivirus scans all the information and links you open and then decides whether they have to be removed to the Virus Chest.
- You can cancel the process of sending the file or website to the virus chest at any time, even if it is already there. This adds to the versatility of the application and makes it more user-friendly.
Main tips on how to use Avast Virus Chest.
The Avast virus chest is an extension that is available for all the Avast Antivirus users, so there is no reason not to use it. Try to use it for some time and decide whether it is a solution that you need.
How to use Avast virus chest?
- You can apply the extension in the main menu of Avast Antivirus. It can be found in the protection folder, and all you need to do is to right-click it and turn the feature on.
- To move any file to the list of dangerous ones you need to open the extension and click Add the file. Find the particular file in the list and you are done.
Avast Virus Chest is one of the additional features that make Avast Antivirus stand out today. It creates a virtual list of potentially harmful websites and files to keep them away from your computer.